TERMS and Conditions for Recycling Appliance
SBC Recycle is not responsible or in any way liable for damage caused by extracting recycled items (appliances) from your home. We are extremely careful and use special equipment when removing appliances. We have never damaged a client’s property and under normal conditions, this will not be an issue at all. However, problematic situations might present itself if the space is limited and it’s a tight fit getting the appliance out.
Please make sure that you’re present when you want us to remove an item from inside your home. It is always better to leave items outside for quick and safe pick-up.
Agreement to Pay
If you scheduled a recycling pickup and we are not able to pick up your items due to circumstances beyond our control (see next paragraph) you will still be charged the full pickup fee to cover our driving expenses.
Possible reasons beyond our control why your pickup could not be completed:
- Nobody is home if you schedule an inside pickup somebody should be home, if not additional fees may apply
- Your company is closed during regular business hours
- You canceled your recycling pickup after we’ve dispatched our truck (we need 24-hour notice, see cancellations below)
- Items are removed by pirate recyclers (unlicensed recyclers who scout neighborhoods for items left outside)
- Any other reason beyond our control
Pickup Service Day and Time
We have a 99.9% on-time track record for all pickups being done on the day requested. As with all service-related activities, there is a cutoff time, if your pickup comes in after our service cut off time we will pick up your items the following day. If you scheduled your pickup for a specific 2-hour window we will dispatch a dedicated truck to pick up your items. Pickups not done on the day requested do not automatically qualify for a refund. To get a refund you need to contact us in writing 24-hours ahead of time.
All refunds will incur a service fee of 2.9%. This service fee is imposed by the credit card company and paid to the credit card merchant and not to us. If you pay cash or by check there will be no service fee to you the customer.
All freezers, fridges, and refrigerators must be empty. We do not accept spoiled food such as rotten meat etc.
All mattresses must be dry at the time of the pickup. If the mattress is left out in the rain we may refuse to pick up the mattress.
Gasoline Powered Engines
All gasoline must be drained from gas-powered equipment such as lawnmowers. If we need to drain the gasoline out of the equipment a special fee may apply. See the product page for particular equipment/appliance for details. Engine oil does not have to be drained.
All propane tanks need to be empty at the time of pickup. A special handling fee may apply for non-empty tanks. See the product page for details.
Web and Phone Quotes
All pickups quoted via the website or on the phone is done in good faith based on the questions asked during the checkout process. All web or phone quotes are done with “Worksite Unseen”. Any unforeseen labor is not included in web or phone quotes and would be adjusted upon initial inspection. This means that the pickup fee might change in some situations Please see examples below
- Example 1 – Your fridge is inside the house but the driver needs to remove the fridge doors to get it outside (this will be an additional fee)
- Example 2 – Your treadmill is inside on the second floor and it needs to be disassembled to get it downstairs because the stairs have a ninety-degree turn. (This will be an additional fee)
- Example 3 – Your bed needs to be disassembled before it can be moved outside. (This will be an additional fee)
- Example 4 – The items you added to be picked up do not fit in our vehicle or the quantity that you added requires more than one truckload and will require additional trips. (This will be an additional fee)
- Example 5 – The items being recycled requires more than normal loading time and labor to load into the truck. (This will be an additional fee)
The term “Recycling Appliance” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States.